Head2Head Sensory Theatre is part of The Surrey culture map – a new cultural map for Surrey!
The Surrey culture map aims to connect creative individuals and organisations with others in the arts and cultural sector.
Surrey is a place where creative people, ideas and enterprises thrive, and where everyone has equal access to and benefits from a rich, diverse and inclusive culture.
Anni Rhodes Steere, founder of Head2Head said: “We’re thrilled to be a part of putting Surrey culture on the map. Our aim as a theatre charity is to give more disabled young people the opportunity to experience and, ultimately, find work in the world of performing arts. So to have a place on Surrey’s Cultural Map is a big step forward for us as a beacon for the accessible arts.”
Head2Head Theatre has been sharing the magic of theatre with disabled families, schools and young people in and around Surrey since 2005.
Following the success of Odie’s Odd Odyssey, a multi-sensory show which toured Surrey and Sussex in 2022, Head2Head has launched a video version. This offers interactive fun for families with Makaton signing plus craft activities, playlists and games – all free to access on YouTube.
If you want to find out what culture looks like in Surrey – take a look at the new Culture in Surrey website where you can;
- Explore the interactive map to discover the county’s vibrant cultural offer.
- Click on the points on the map for further information.
- Use the maps filter icons or the category list to search for your interests (multiple selections are allowed).
- Zoom in to see where the nearest libraries, train stations or bus stops are.
- If you are looking for cultural events happening in the county, explore Surrey Matters and Visit Surrey.
For more information visit www.surreycc.gov.uk/culture