Support Head2Head Sensory Theatre in The Big Give this Christmas Challenge
Opens Midday 29th November
The Big Give Christmas Challenge is a great opportunity for charities to raise vital funds and for supporters to get their donations DOUBLED! The campaign will run from Midday Tuesday 29th November to Midday Tuesday 6th December. Head2Head’s campaign is supported by The Four Acre, a Trust providing unrestricted funding to charities working to alleviate the impacts of poverty for children and young people across the capital.
Head2Head Sensory Theatre is aiming to raise £24,000 to give young people with disabilities the gift of job opportunities. Our Work Experience Programme starts with workshops structured to build confidence and the necessary life skills.
Do you recall your first job? Were you nervous? Well imagine what it must be like if you have a learning difficulty or a physical disability. Our workshops are designed to prepare these young people for future employment either in the theatre or in customer-facing employment.
Workshop structure for students:
- Real-life situations will be explored through role play and improvisation, embracing creativity and communication, along with problem-solving and reflective-thinking.
- Mentoring and guidance will build confidence with opportunities to co-lead a workshop.
- Small performance pieces will allow young people to try out all aspects of theatre craft, including the roles of director, stage manager, set designer, actor and voice over artist.
- Knowledge sharing will be encouraged with young people supported in demonstrating a skill and/or presenting a subject of personal interest.
- Basic skills will be taught that will enable young people to adopt employable work ethics, for example, the importance of good time keeping, note taking and having the confidence to ask questions or let someone know when they need a break.
Upon completion of a workshop course young people may apply for entry onto our charity’s Work Experience Programme, working on film sets and show productions. Twenty young people engaged with this programme last year. Please help us to double that number.
Help us double that number. Please give a gift to a young person’s future by donating today.
Watch our video below to find out what previous work experience students think of our scheme.
Head2Head Sensory Theatre is a registered UK charity providing multi-sensory theatre experiences and shows to young people with special educational needs and learning disabilities
© 2020 Head2Head Sensory Theatre
Charity Registered in England and Wales: 1161873
Registered address: Drewshearne Barn, Crowhurst Lane End, Oxted, Surrey, RH8 9NT